We offer carpet cleaning for the entire Tri valley We wrote this guide to help you better understand carpet cleaning. Now, with this information, you can make an informed, intelligent decision.
5 Costly Misconceptions Most People Have About Carpet Cleaning
Misconception #1: You should wait as long as possible before cleaning your carpet.
- No. Dirt is an abrasive-like sandpaper. Every time you step on your carpet, you grind dirt into the carpet fibers. This cuts your carpet, just as if you had used a knife. This cutting causes your carpet to wear out faster.
Misconception #2: The only reason to clean carpets is to remove the dirt.
- No. As you probably know, outdoor air contains pollens, fungi, bacteria, air pollution, cigarette smoke, and car exhaust-and hundreds of other chemicals.
- When you come into your home, you carry those pollens, bacteria, and chemicals in your hair and on your skin, clothing, and shoes. Not surprisingly, all those chemicals and toxins wind up in your carpet.
- If you have allergies, asthma, emphysema, or other breathing problems, one major source of your problem could be the pollens, fungi, smoke, and chemicals in your carpet.
Misconception #3: One method of carpet cleaning is as good as another.
- No. The dry cleaning methods-which are dry foam, dry chemical, and dry compound-don't rinse and flush out your carpet in any way.
- You might say they do a surface cleaning, which may be desirable in maintenance situations, but all the experts agree that the most effective cleaning method is hot water extraction.
- Hot water extraction means that a hot water cleaning solution, under high pressure, is sprayed into your carpet and then drawn back out of your carpet. This procedure allows the dirt, bacteria, and pollens to be broken up and extracted from your carpet. Shaw Industries, the world's largest carpet manufacturer, as well as DuPont, the manufacturer of StainmasterŽ carpet, recommend hot water extraction as the primary method of cleaning carpets.
- Some people believe that hot water damages your carpet, but this is not true. By washing and then rinsing your carpet with hot water, your carpet is thoroughly cleaned and stays clean longer.
Misconception #4: Having the right equipment is all a company needs to clean your carpets properly.
- Not true. Many companies own cleaning equipment, but very few companies teach their employees how to use the equipment properly. This is why it's important that you choose your carpet cleaning company carefully.
Misconception #5: The company that offers the lowest price is the company you should hire.
- No. We've seen so many problems arise from lowest-bid companies that we suggest you NEVER hire a company that quotes the cheapest price. The two most common problems:
- The price may not be for the services you want to have performed. The company may be equipped to remove only the dirt from your carpet. But you may want bacteria, fungi, pollens, and tobacco residues removed as well.
- The price you see advertised may not be the price you pay. Many homeowners have learned that the low price they saw advertised lasted only until the carpet cleaning company got into their homes. Then they were pressured into paying a lot more for a variety of add-ons. Some carpet cleaning companies even break the law by using illegal bait and switch tactics.
Dont settle for an OK carpet cleaning.
When you decide you want a Quality cleaning service with Value for your hard earned dollar, Call the professionals here at Nichols Carpet Cleaning. We guarantee that you will be glad you did.
Others try to imitate us, though they can never duplicate us